High Times: OH&S Implications of Legalizing Marijuana
Jeremy D. Schwartz, Partner with Stringer LLP will present on how the Government of Canada has indicated that marijuana will soon be legalized for recreational use across the country. This new reality creates a number of new compliance challenges for employers who will be forced to respond to this new reality.
You Will Learn:
- Stuck between a rock and a hard place: The latest from the Courts about Drug Testing
- The legality of post-incident drug testing
- The key elements of an effective Drug and Alcohol policy
- How to respond when a worker appears to be under the influence of marijuana
- Can an employer or a supervisor be prosecuted for allowing employees to work under the influence of marijuana?
- What we can learn from the legal issues involving alcohol impairment
- A discussion of the American experience with legalized recreational marijuana in Colorado and other states
- Human Rights Code implications for employees who are addicted to marijuana
20 fairview Rd
barrie, ON L4N 4P3
Google map and directions