TECHNICAL STANDARDS AND SAFETY AUTHORITY
TSSA administers and enforces technical standards in the Province of Ontario. It is a non-profit organization that has been given powers to enforce and create public safety rules in such areas as elevators, ski lifts, upholstery, amusement rides, fuels, boilers, and pressure vessels (to name only a few) in order to protect lives and the environment.
Some of their activities are to:
- support government in developing regulations and development of codes and standards
- influence training institutions to correctly train, examine and certify, trades people, register plants & equipment and license devices, sites, and contractors
- review the design of new technology, new installations, changes to existing equipment and plants for compliance to codes and regulations
- inspect/audit trades people, contractors, plants, equipment & sites for compliance
- investigate safety incidents or near-misses.
Come out and learn, first hand, how this organization may influence the success of your business.
453 Dunlop St W
Barrie, ON L4N 1C3
Google map and directions