Workers Compensation – An ever changing landscape
The Ontario Worker’s Compensation system is constantly changing and becoming more complex every year. The Office of the Employer Adviser (OEA) has helped employers understand their obligations, roles and responsibilities under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act since 1985. The OEA is an independent agency of the Ministry of Labour which provides expert advice, representation and education to employers.
Topics to be discussed:
• Services the OEA offers and how they can help your business
• The WSIB new Rate Framework
• Experience Rating changes
• Issues arising from Bill 119
• New administrative fines related to accident reporting and claims suppression
• Bill 84: Medical Assistance in Dying Statute Law and the WSIB
Join Elizabeth Parkinson, Employer Specialist, from the OEA who will walk you through the proposed changes and explain how the OEA can help your business.
20 fairview Rd
Barrie, ON L4N 4P3
Google map and directions